Thursday, November 10, 2005

Random Thoughts


What an eventful few days..........NOT! I am just recovering from all the sleep I finally managed to get. Jay was off 2 whole days in a row....I know I fainted too. So After I get up in the morn at 6 and make sure that Keara is dressed and beautified for school (Drig is sick yet again), I then head back to the king size heaven (and OMG I have it all to myself). I slept until 10 both mornings, ah it was sooooo nice. The crazy thing about my body though, I don't EVER feel rested, even with extra sleep. I dream WAY TOO MUCH! So, I mentioned Drig being sick again. GAWD, the boy can't stay healthy. The ENT put him on Tanafed and we will go back again in 3 weeks. He was only trying to pass his hearing test, but the damn tube is clogged and there is fluid stuck back there. UGH.

Yesterday we actually went out to Jay's work and shot some pics for our annual Christmas card. If you can believe it the shot we took first is the best. And I actually managed to get ALL three to smile!! Miracles happen everyday. So you know I named my blog and have yet to really discuss the impact Jay's job has on my life.....

Let me say as a disclaimer, I WILL NOT BASH ANYONE RELATED IN ANY WAY TO JAY'S JOB, NOR WILL I MENTION NAMES OF PEOPLE, PLACES AND POSSIBLY THINGS AT HIS JOB!

Being a golf pro's wife is mostly mundane. You expect the weird hours, long weekends, and endless discussion of weather. When you ask the question "How was your day at work?" you expect the same answer with two different versions, "It was great, pace of play was good!" or "It was ok, pace of play sucked!" Both of which didn't really satisfy my curiosity as to what really happened at work, but I am not privy to those sort of details. Every so often I must endure horrendous hours with the kids as a single parent because Jay must arrive at work at 5am and will not return home until dark thirty some time. During those said days, I usually find the kids at their most beastly and I lack patience more than I normally would. Jay will come in and say he is tired and thus spend the evening in the recliner asleep. I therefore don't speak with an adult for sometimes 3 full days. So if you do encounter me on the fourth day, I might sound like 4 year old and talk incessantly.

*will add more in a few, Drig just tore off is diaper and is running about marking his territory!

No comments: