Monday, February 04, 2008

We are no longer accepting members

OK so last night I decided, we are no longer accepting members into OCD club. I was/am sick so my mood was far from happy. You see the routine that we must go through every evening is excessive. Keara has to have the comforter under her, covers pulled to a certain height, lights just so, water, pillows aligned and stuffed toys in their proper place. (I'm sure there is more cause she keeps adding to the routine.) I have put my foot down on more than one occasion which leads to a 20-30 minute meltdown, which in turn leads to Jay melting down and then I cry! I know I am a baby. Anyhow, I have a limit and last night they reached it. Normally I am the peacekeeper, last night I was the dictator. So first before bedtime, they needed to clean up the playroom, it was a disaster. I asked and warned. They were just being shits. So, I started erasing TV shows (tivo). I erased all but like three. They were so unhappy, but guess what happened? They cleaned the friggin room. When bedtime rolled around, they had become shits again, as is the case almost every night. (oh and I have to go off on that subject next...bedtime) Anyway, Kai decided that he needed to be like Keara. Ok this has been coming on for awhile but I just haven't bothered to fight it, I should have but sometimes I just cant kwim? Last night I decided to just blow. UGH I hate it when I do that. I said to everyone "ok from now on there are no routines, no lined up stuffed animals, no checking lights, no cover drama and no fussing about it. I live with a bunch of freaking zealots, and I am going loony!" The kids just kinda looked at me. I think I did get the point across at least to Kai (he reminded me this morning "hey mom don't forget to fix it so my comforter goes on top not under me!" ) Keara just kinda said "I guess I can do change, like that time when...." And that is when my mind went off to another place because Keara tells stories from when she was 2 like they were yesterday. After I fixed the kids, I went into the kitchen and I touched the counter. I rubbed it with my unsanitary, totally germ filled hands and told Jay to "Get OVER it!" He stood behind me with a bleach bottle and towel! It didn't work for him, he still put EVERY GD piece of pepperoni on the pizza in a pattern, x amount of centimeters apart. Oh well, I can't save everyone! But I will keep Kai from becoming one of the members!

No comments: