Friday, February 22, 2008

The things we can do

...what kinds of things do we take for granted.

Keara struggles with the everyday tasks that seem so mundane for most of us. She cannot yet bath, brush teeth/hair or zip up ALL by herself. Now we are getting there but these are the things that most of us take for granted. I know even with Kai, I tend to just expect him to do these things. He can and it isn't a chore. Keara is trying and one day it will happen but it doesn't consistently yet. It is hard for her to write because she isn't thinking about just what to write but also how to form the letters. Last night we did some cursive in shaving cream and the joy on her face as she accomplished each letter was so wonderful. But she struggles. Math is another area. She can do really complex problems but the little 2-1 still requires 30 seconds of thinking. She also has a weird aversion to the number six. I don't know. I just know that everything I do so easily I now think, wow if I actually had to THINK my way through that process, it would royally SUCK. Like as I am here typing, I am not thinking of how to spell the words, or how to type them, I am just spitting it out. I am thinking more of what I am saying than how I am saying it, does that make sense? It isn't difficult to do that, but for Keara it is pure torture. Just makes me sad.

Her equine therapy started. They just did some getting to know ya type things and grooming. But Keara loved it. I on the other hand, might be in trouble. I will find out next week. I think I may have an allergy, which would really bite. I don't know for sure because I also got what I think is the flu that day. BTW I didn't have the flu a week and a half ago like I thought, this is definitely worse! It really is nasty! Oh and on another front (I'm starting to think I have ADHD LOL) Keara has decided to do her own little fundraiser for her horse farm. She wants to help them. I was so proud of her, to come up with it. Now we have to think of what we can do to raise the money. Any ideas for her??

Off to take more medicine and get the kids from school.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Keara, that has to be so frustrating for her. I really hope this therapy works for her. I love, love, love horses!
No ideas on the fundraising. Let me think about it...