Monday, February 18, 2008

It is over, now I can rest.....aaahhhh

So the big party is over! It was hectic. We drove up on Friday night. Saturday, I went to get things set up, came back to my parents' house and had 10 freaking minutes to get ready. So I was a little frazzled. But once we got there, it was FUN! OK if you must know...Pepe and I became fast friends. I was also pretty chummy with a certain Pinot Grigio and some fabulous vanilla brandy. It should have been a lethal combo but I was the MAN! I did not see the return of any of my friends. Tucked safely in my belly, I only felt a slight quiver the next day. Let's just say that driving in the aftermath was NOT such a great plan. Especially when the drive is 6 hours LONG! But I survived. We danced and sang and plain ole ripped up the evening. It ended at 2am. My back and body knows that I danced HARD. I am especially aware of the one, er maybe five times I slammed into things while trying to maneuver to and fro. My parents had a blast too.

Now Keara was another story altogether. UGH EVERY time we go anywhere, we have to have that night to adjust because GAWD we changed the routine. So we did the first night ritual and I thought OK it's over. NAH Poor Jay who became the DD because his lovely wife was PLASTERED and his inlaws were PLASTERED...he had to talk Keara through a rage until 3am. But....HE DID IT! I am so excited that he was so calm and able to do it. It was good because I COULD NOT DO IT.

Tomorrow, Keara starts her equine therapy. I am so beyond thrilled. I will report later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had fun!

I'll be checking back to see how Keara's therapy went. Hope all goes well...