Monday, February 04, 2008

Bedtimes

UGH, My kids go to bed at 7. Yes I know that is early, but they have to get up at 6. They NEVER get up easily, there is always the whines "I want to stay in bed, I'm tired, why do I have to get up?" So I keep it at 7, at least until they can show me they are ready for a later time. Keara might move up but not the boys yet. Anyway, Keara came home really mad at me the other day. She says "Mrs. ____ said that an appropriate time frame for 3rd graders to go to bed is between 8 and 9:30. Mama, you are wrong and I am not doing what is appropriate for my age!" UMMM, That really pisses me off! I KNOW my kids and I do not think it is APPROPRIATE to tell kids at school when a bedtime should be. I know she was probably trying to reach those kids that stay up to all hours but the one she affected was mine! I really wish they wouldn't do shit like that. This isn't the first time they have done it either. So now I am thinking about saying something to them because I just don't agree. Of course me being me, I probably won't say a word. But I have had to undo all the damage ALL weekend. This morning, I was fortunate to have Keara do as she always does, not want to get up, and I said "see that is with going to bed at 7, can you imagine if it was later?" She actually agreed finally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)