Saturday, October 13, 2007

So we are not moving

We traveled to Huntsville on Thurs. We were physically in the car for 12 hours. Needless to say, the kids did well, considering. When it was all said and done, we decided NOT to move. Jay was really hopeful for a upward climb but it just wasn't enough to leave. We LOVE it here. You would be hard pressed to find many school districts in the nation that are as good as ours. We have terrific teachers, and the kids are so happy here. Regardless, we were going to try it somewhere else but we just had too many cons. We found a house that would have been perfect but I didn't get a good vibe from the street it was on. The school was closed for fall break?? We did walk around but again, I am so spoiled here. The secretary was not my Mrs. M. I wanted to like everything, I wanted to be the supportive wife, but I just got really depressed and quite scared trying. In the end, Jay made the decision because I didn't want that kind of burden. I don't have a job so I can't really tell him what to do in his. I wanted what was best for the kids and him. I knew, though, that I could get the kids on board by really pumping up the bonuses to them. So I would have done that but Jay felt, as I did, and we are not going. Thank goodness!

No comments: