Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cotton SPEAKS

Keara went on a field trip yesterday. She got to pick cotton and see a real old working farm. So, she is telling us all about the things she did and Jay hears about the cotton picking and says "Have you ever listened to cotton?" At this point I spit my food out in total hysterics. You have to understand that Jay is WEIRD. And I really mean that, not just you know that passing remark about someone's behavior, this is just Jay. He was DEAD serious about the cotton. So, at the dinner table I had him leading my children in listening for the squeaky cotton. He then decided it must only be the processed cotton because the fresh picked kind didn't speak to him. WHAT? Seriously demented.

*Little side note that this is not the first inanimate object to speak to my husband. He has had the fries that chirp as well!

Oh and I called my mom to find out if I was the one that is weird. She confirmed that I am indeed normal but in the process we found that my dad is not. My mom was explaining the theory to him and asked if he ever listened to cotton. My dad said no but "I understand that if you go in a corn field and listen carefully, the corn will moan." WHAT? Now I guess I understand only one thing....my mom and I are CRAZY, we married LOONS!

No comments: