Thursday, May 18, 2006

Kids

So my day started with Keara and Drig crying, which led to me crying. Keara was so worried about going to field day and then disappointing her therapist by not wanting to do it. I ended up picking her up early to avoid the field day. Drig was upset because he thought today was a school day (he finished last week) and when Jay left without him, he started sobbing. UGH Then it just hit me. I now have to just hold my breath and get them the help they need. I was telling Keara that we are trying to get her some help for her different thinking and she said "but definitely not a disability mom." Tears me up...yeah it is kinda just that and I have to be so careful to use the correct terminology. I just pray that I can get all this *help* together and in place for next school year. Kids can be MEAN. Keara is such a sweet girl. She certainly does not deserve some of the treatment she has gotten this year. I will be hopeful. I have Drig's IEP end year meeting on Mon. hopefully I can get some issues resolved then too. I never imagined that I would have two learning disabled children! I am in that *stuck on the idea* mode right now and I know when that passes I will progress better. I just have to get over the labels and get the help. We will do it!

No comments: