Sunday, March 02, 2008

Saturday....UGH

My day was going perfectly fine until...

We were outside playing and I heard Kai start to scream. At first it wasn't really a scary type scream so I just figured he was playing or not hurt bad. Then it turned into that terrifying type. I ran over to see what the boy had done this time and he was hanging from a tree. He was stuck between two large limbs...like his knee was in between and wedged down deep. So I tried to pull up on him, which only led to more screaming. I propped my leg under him (not very easy for someone that doesn't work out an a regular basis because my leg was actually about three feet off the ground). Then I tried to get Keara to push on the other side to help shimmy him out. None of this worked. So, I called Jay. He didn't answer. UGH I called again and he headed to the house. Kai was getting increasingly upset so I asked Keara to calmly walk next door and see if they could come help. Finally someone came and she says "oh honey don't worry, I have 3 boys!" She was cool and collected (she isn't the neighbor, just taking care of their house). She was also fairly large (as in strong) and simply pulled the tree apart. I couldn't have done it and was very grateful that she saved us! Jay got home and was somewhat incredulous but whatever. Kai has some bruising and we applied ice. I bet he won't do that again, then again we are talking about Kai!

But wait the day got better...more in a few!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! How scary! Glad that nice lady was able to help you. Katie and Emma climb our trees all the time and I hate that they do. It makes me nervous...