Sunday, March 02, 2008

OK so it wasn't "in a few..."

Keara had the worst meltdown to date. It started with what we thought was defiance. So we responded with a hard line. "Eat what is on your plate or don't", "Do not use that tone with us!" etc. She kept going to the point of actually *plotting* to hurt me. So we had to bring her to the safe spot (ie corner her) and help her calm down. It took 2 FREAKING hours. I kid you not. We were so close to taking her to the hospital. I can't even go into how bad it was. So tomorrow we are getting full force back into the psychiatrist hunt. UGH It is so frustrating. I want so bad for my baby girl to be ok. I want for everything to be happy and sunshine. (I know it's never going to be perfect because such is life but at least close).

I am happy to report that today my little girl was back. She had an awesome day and we talked a good bit about how bad she felt last night. She is such a sweet girl when her brain is letting her. I am starting to feel better too. I went to the Dr. on Thurs. night because it was bad. I ended up leaving with a "potent" antibiotic, some decongestant/allergy pill and the beloved Endal (for those of you that have ever suffered a cough at night, Endal kicks some ASS). I have had a numb head from the meds but at least I am sleeping and feeling somewhat human. Monday night might be FUN. We are supposed to have powerful storms and I hate storms. Hopefully Keara will be ok through this! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm sorry Keara has such a hard time! Sure doesn't sound like a lot of fun for either one of you. ((HUGS)) to you both.

Laura said...

Ugh, that sucks Jenni.
As I was reading, I wanted to throw this out there (don't know if you do something like this already) but...
When my brother gets out of control with his obsessing and continues to act out after frequent reminders, my mom will often end the discussion with a reminder to Dan to "be the boss of your autism. Don't let IT boss YOU around."

Maybe something like that (if you're not already phrasing it that way) might be a good concrete thing to say at times like you describe. That would tell her you understand the problem is not "her fault" yet she's still responsible for her behavior.

Unknown said...

How frustrating for you both. ((HUGS))

kittyninja2000 said...

Hugs and lots of understanding from me, Hang in there- you and Kera will find a way through it- I promise but I do also promise it will come up again